(Answers from last time: for, since, for, since, since, since)
As you well know by now, English (or any foreign language) has to be practised regularly in order to excel at it.
So this is why I recommend Limba engleză în teste şi exerciţii by Dr. Timár Eszter, which covers all aspects of the English language (grammar, pronunciation, translations, vocabulary). It also has multiple choice tests as well as some exercises which require your imagination.
So, till next time, here is an exercise for you, English enthusiasts:
Match the idiomatic expressions with their meaning:
- She was sitting on the fence. a. joking
- She was playing it by ear. b. speaking and acting firmly
- She was caught red-handed. c. discovered in the act of thieving
- She went back on her word. d. living on little
- She was pulling his leg. e. not taking sides
- She took someone for a ride. f. not making plans ahead
- She lived on a shoestring. g. deceiving people
- She played truant. h. not going to school
- She painted the town red. i. not keeping her promise
- She put her foot down j. drinking and making a lot of noise
Autor: Alexandru Macovescu – Trainer intern A_BEST Limba Engleză, Italiană şi Limba Română pentru Străini
Alexandru este absolvent al Facultăţii de Limbi şi Literaturi Străine, specializarea Engleză-Italiană. În 2010, a absolvit un masterat specializat în Traducerea Textului Literar Contemporan. Alexandru are o bogată experienţă atât în predarea limbilor engleză şi italiană cât şi în traduceri şi interpretariat şi exerciţiu în utilizarea, în contexte diferite, a limbilor străine. În prezent, Alexandru predă inclusiv cursuri A_BEST de limba engleză şi italiană, limbaj general şi de afaceri, precum şi cursuri de limba română pentru străini, în cadrul companiilor.