What is a „cookie”?
An „Internet cookie” (a term known as „browser cookie” or „HTTP cookie” or simply „cookie”) is a special text, often encoded, sent by a server to a web browser and then sent back (unmodified) by the browser, whenever accessing that server. Cookies are used for authentication, as well as for tracking user behaviour; typical applications include retaining the user’s preferences. More information about cookies can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/260971/description-of-cookies
The abest.ro website uses 2 categories of cookies:
Cookies required for proper website functionality
- pll_language – store browser language.
- moove_gdpr_popup – store cookies settings.
Cookies for user statistics
- _ga (Google analytics)
- _gat (Google analytics)
- _gid (Google analytics)
According to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Recital 30:
“Natural persons may be associated with online identifiers provided by their devices, applications, tools and protocols, such as internet protocol addresses, cookie identifiers or other identifiers such as radio frequency identification tags. This may leave traces which, in particular when combined with unique identifiers and other information by received by the servers, may be used to create profiles of the natural persons and identify them.”
Approval is requested when these cookies are used to identify the person.
However, the cookies used by the abest.ro website do not identify the person in any way, do not create behavioural profiles and do not collect the person’s IP. IP masking is used when collecting statistical data.
For more details, read https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2905384?hl=en .
With the “Accept” button, you agree to use statistics collected through Google, but you will not be identified as a physical person. We use statistics to find out about:
- what pages/ content on the website is popular
- the average duration of user visits to the website
- the channels through which the visitor arrived on the website
These statistics can help us improve the quality of our website or content.
Using the “Reject” button ensures that we will not retain these statistics.
How do I turn off cookies?
To understand these settings, the following links may be useful; otherwise you can use the „help” of your browser for more details.
- Microsoft Edge – https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
- Google Chrome – https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en
- Mozilla Firefox – https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Safari – https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=en_US
- Opera – https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
Regarding third-party cookie settings for advertising purposes, you can also check the following website: